After, having worked on many political campaigns, in the past four decades, as well as having written hundreds of articles, regarding current events, and common sense, it concerns me, how often, many people, pay so – little attention, and are attracted to politicians, who seem to, merely, tell them, what it seems, at the moment, they want to hear (even, if that individual’s actions and behaviors, have not done so), rather than what they need to know! While most, would, probably agree, we are currently, experience, more polarization, and partisan politics/ lack of cooperation, than ever – before, in recent memory, they seem, unable, or unwilling to realize, the attempt, to limit some RIGHTS, for short – term, personal/ political agendas, and/ or, self – interests, risks this nation’s actual democracy, into the future! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Relevant; religion (or not); right thing; responsible: Unless/ until, we protect all our rights, instead of, selective ones, and realize, for example, freedom – of – religion, means, everyone has the right to observe their chosen one (or to decide to not observe any), and this nation, by – design, does not have a national religion (We are not a “Christian State”), we risk our future democratic principles! RIghts must be relevant, and, doing the right thing, at a specific point, in time, means taking responsible actions, with common sense! For example, public health and public safety, must take priority, over, so – called, unlimited, Second Amendment Rights, and/ or, so – called, personal freedoms, as an excuse, for harming the health and/ or, safety, of the greater good!
2. Integrity; inspire: Our national leaders must be held to the highest standards of personal, genuine, consistent integrity, so they can, better, inspire others, to do the right thing!
3. Generate goodwill; greater good: We must begin to prioritize the greater good, and generating goodwill, by being open – minded, and inclusive, so, we grow the significance, and devotion to all our freedoms and rights!
4. Humane; head/ heart; healing: Wouldn’t we benefit, as a nation, if we elected humane leaders, who prioritized healing, and bringing – us, together, rather than polarization? It takes leaders, willing to use the finest components of their emotional, and logical potentials, in a head/ heart balance, to truly, keep America, as great, as it should be!
5. Together; trustworthy: If those, we elected, were perceived, as being, far – more, trustworthy, wouldn’t it make sense, they might, better, bring – us, together, for the greater good?
6. System; solutions (all, not selective); stronger; service: How should America’s systems, encourage solutions, which protect all our rights, instead of, merely, selective, self – serving ones? We must seek to make our democratic ways, stronger, and more sustainable, if we hope, to make our Constitutional guarantees, be, of, more service, and value, to all!
If America is to continue, to be, the voice for freedoms, human rights, and democratic ideas, throughout the world, we must begin, to lead, by example! Wake up, America, before, it’s too late!